Thursday, April 28, 2011

Plush woolly goodness

I've been keeping an eye out for a floor rug for a little while now.  I wanted something big and comfy for the family room and originally I was looking for colour - something with duck egg blue in it perhaps - but that was next to impossible to find.  When I realised that I went back to my original idea of a white shag rug.

Now I know what you're thinking....white (or ivory as it happens) probably isn't the best colour for a house full of boys but I actually think the texture will help to disguise "every day living" and I also think spot cleaning will work better with a lighter colour (no concerns about fading).  

I found this gorgeous 280 cm x 190 cm shag rug on Grays Online.  It's hand knotted, thick felted wool with a soft 2.5cm pile and I can't wait to sink my toes into it!  

The ivory will also help to balance out some of our darker furniture and the texture will help to add layers to the room and a bit of softness.

Check out the plushy goodness!



This lovely new addition to our home cost $490.  At first I wasn't sure how the price stacked up but after a bit of research I found for pure wool shag rugs of this size you were quite often looking closer to the $900 plus mark.  

I was tossing up between this one and another one that looked so similar but the other was made from polypropylene and even though it was $200 cheaper, the safer natural woollen rug won out in the end.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...