Wednesday, February 16, 2011

We have action! The formwork has been laid!

We were told the 15th February should be our official start date and I was still waiting on confirmation from our CSO about this when 'B' drove by the land last night and noticed we had formwork!!!

When I did my usual drive-by this morning I also noticed all our waffle pods and steel has been delivered this morning too!  Talk about exciting! 'B' reckons our slab may be down by end of this week, beginning of next.  Better get on to our Mortgage Broker (who are absolutely awesome by the way) to organise the next drawdown of our loan.

And before I post all the exciting pics (exciting to us anyway!) I'll just add I was really shocked by the size of the footprint of the house!  Usually when I've seen slabs they looks so tiny & I can't imagine a decent size house fitting on it but not this time! 

Looking from back of house down towards the front


Front of house looking up to back



Couldn't resist one last drive-by this afternoon and happy to see some plumbing's been done.  Wonder what I'll find on Friday...





3 comments:

Shayne said...

Exciting!! Congrats :)

Amy said...

Wow! And yes it looks big! Exciting!!

feenix said...

wow it's all happening now!!! we drove by yesterday and saw 3 blokes there, prob your B and dad and brother??? it's very exciting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...