Saturday, January 29, 2011

Boy's Bedroom Ideas

A few boys bedrooms I've been inspired by...

In this one I love the bold blue wall and white furniture

 In the 2 below, similar thing again - bold colours teamed with white furniture



 I love the idea of using the space around windows as well as the window seat!

Based on these pictures, I think it's safe to say I'm going to try for a similar look.  Fresh and clean looking with some bold colours and not too over the top with a 'theme'.

For my little guy who is 4, I'm thinking the following.....

Quite a while ago I saw a fabulous rocket ship wall decal on a friends facebook page and just had to have it for my eldest son's big boy bedroom in the new house.  We've also got it in white like the picture below and will be having a very similar coloured feature wall (Regatta by Bristol) in his bedroom.  The decals can be found at My Munchkin Home


I've bought the following bedding from Cotton Box.  I bought the one below as shown including red sheets and turquoise world cushion.


I also bought the striped doona cover and pillow slip on below set as I figure the same red sheets above will suit and it's always nice to have a spare set.



For window treatments, I'm thinking of white plantation shutters like these to keep in line with the fresh, clean lines I'm after.  Though jury is still out as curtains might be nicer and more whimsical in a kid's bedroom if you know what I mean?


Currently the bulk of the bedroom furniture we have is in oak but I just bought a King Single Bed with a trundle underneath from ebay which I plan on sanding back and painting in a semi-gloss white paint.  Thinking of painting the other furniture to match too.  Here's a before photo of the bed (it will be my first makeover project, very soon!)  Not bad for $169.25 huh?


As for my little guy who is not quite 2 yet....

Well, I've really only got as far as narrowing it down to a few decals for my youngest son.  I'm thinking of one of the following, which can be found at Etsy - Contemporary Dreams:



It will be on a feature wall colour called Reservoir by Bristol and can best be described as a brilliant sky blue colour.

Will also have white furniture but I want to give each room a slightly different 'personality'.  

I'm currently on the hunt for another King Single Bed with trundle (figured the trundles will get a great workout with sleepovers over the years) and when not used for that purpose are a fantastic spot to store train sets etc.  Suitable bedding is also on my list of things to look for.  

So, what do you think so far?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...